These simple one bowl Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies have a crisp outside with a soft chewy inside. Oozing with dark chocolate and a hint of nutty tahini, they are sure to satisfy all of your chocolate cravings!
These cookies remind me a lot of brownies. The batter has a similar consistency and when baked they have the same irresistible fudgy texture.
Tahini is the key ingredient in this recipe. Its creamy and oily consistency gives the cookies crackly tops while keeping the inside soft and moist. No other oil is needed!
What I love about these cookies is that they’re so quick and easy to make. All you need is 1 bowl, 7 ingredients and 10 minutes to bake. That’s it! In 20 minutes you have warm, soft cookies oozing with melted dark chocolate!
And to top it off, I like to sprinkle them with a bit of chunky sea salt straight out of the oven. It’s an irresistible combo and eating them warm is absolutely divine!
Why You Will Love These Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
✓ Fudgy, chewy brownie-like texture
✓ Made with simple, whole ingredients
✓ Not too sweet
✓ Easy to make – in under 30 minutes
✓ Feels decadent even though the ingredients are healthy
✓ Sure to satisfy any chocolate cravings
✓ Vegan and gluten free
Looking For More Cookie Recipes?
- Cherry Blossom Almond Cookies
- Autumn Almond Cookies
- Matcha Christmas Tree Cookies
- Lemon Ginger Easter Egg Cookies
These Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies are sure to hit the spot whether you are vegan gluten free or not! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do and happy eating always! 🙂
Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
- 1/2 cup runny tahini*
- 7 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons oat flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir. Add the oat flour and sea salt and stir until combined. The mixture should be moist and pourable like the consistancy of a brownie batter. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using two tablespoons scoop out the mixture into rounded balls and place onto a baking tray 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten them with the back of the spoon. Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will spread out and have crinkled tops when done. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt if desired. Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days or they can be frozen for up to 3 months. Enjoy!