Made without dairy or avocado, the secret ingredient to this vegan mousse is soft/silken tofu! It gives it a perfectly smooth and creamy texture akin to conventional mousse without even a hint of tofu flavor. If you haven’t already tried tofu in dessert form you are about to be pleasantly surprised!
This incredibly easy recipe only needs 6 ingredients and 20 minutes. Just melt dark chocolate and add it to a food processor along with soft tofu, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt. Process until smooth and scoop into little jars. That’s it!
It can be enjoyed immediately as a pudding, or let it sit overnight in the fridge for a firmer, mousse-like consistency. Top it with your favorite fresh fruit or shaved dark chocolate. It’s perfect as a healthy dessert or afternoon snack.
Why You Will Love This Vegan Chocolate Mousse
✓ Incredibly simple to make with only 6 ingredients and 20 minutes needed
✓ Smooth and creamy like a traditional mousse without even the slightest hint of tofu
✓ Sure to hit the spot of any chocolate cravings
✓ Perfect for entertaining as it can be made the day before
✓ Much lighter alternative to avocado pudding along with not having an avocado flavour
✓ A great low sugar and high protein dessert
Looking For More Decadent Chocolate Recipes?
- Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bonbons
- No Bake Vegan Rum Balls
- Vegan Lavender Cream Truffles
- Chocolate Orange Vegan Truffles
If you’re looking for a healthy dessert or something to wow your friends and family you’ve got to try this recipe. No one is ever able to guess that this rich, velvety smooth mousse is made with tofu. Low in sugar and high in protein, this may be the most decadent yet healthy dessert you ever try! Thank you so much for stopping by and happy eating always!
Th Best Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/4 cup silken/soft tofu (1 300 gram package)
- 1 1/4 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (about 150 grams)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- good pinch sea salt
- Begin by melting the chocolate. Place the chopped chocolate into a medium sized bowl and place the bowl on top of a small pot filled with 2 inches of water (double boiler method). Turn the stove to medium low. Stir the chocolate periodically while it melts. Alternatively, the chocolate can be melted in the microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring at each one.
- While the chocolate is melting place the tofu into a food processor and process until smooth. Next add the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt and melted chocolate to the processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Scoop the mousse into small jars. If it is eaten right away it will have the consistency of a pudding. If placed in the fridge overnight it will become firm with a consistency of a mousse. Top with your favourite fresh fruit or shaved dark chocolate. It will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!