These Ginger Lemonade Popsicles are refreshing, cooling, tart, zesty and super healthy. They will keep you hydrated and feeling refreshed in the summer heat!
It should come as no surprise that I am a huge fan of ginger. I consider ginger to be one of my personal ‘superfoods’. If I’m feeling low energy or have a little scratch in the back of my throat a hot ginger tea is my go-to remedy. It’s healing, warming, spicy, energizing and clearing. It does wonders for me.
In the summer I like to juice fresh ginger and add it to salad dressings, drinks and desserts. I love the fresh ‘zing’ it adds and especially in this case, when paired with lemon, it’s quite heavenly!
How To Make Fresh Ginger Juice
Did you know that there’s no need for one of those gigantic, heavy duty juicers to get fresh ginger juice? The only thing you need is a small Japanese ginger grater. They come in all different shapes and sizes, and also go by the name horseradish/wasabi grater (you can grate and juice horseradish, tumeric and any other small root with them!) Just grate a small amount of ginger, gently form the grated pulp into a ball with your fingers, squeeze and voila, fresh ginger juice!
A little goes a long way with fresh ginger juice. For this recipe start with a few drops and taste, adding more if you want it stronger. The amount of juice in the dish (shown below) was more than enough to flavour these popsicles.
Benefits Of Ginger
- Helps to reduce muscle pain and arthritis
- Treats nausea and chronic digestive disorders
- Contains gingerol which helps to reduce the risk of cancer
- Helps to lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease
- Improves brain function and protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps to reduce menstral pain and morning sickness
- Balances blood sugar and reduces the risk of diabetes
Looking For More Popsicle Recipes?
- Strawberry Matcha Yogurt Popsicles
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Popsicles
- Easy Citrus Popsicles
- Dragon Fruit Popsicles
I love making homemade popsicles because they’re super easy and a healthy treat that doesn’t feel like ‘health food’ at all! Using fresh lemon and ginger juice, these popsicles are a powerhouse of nutrients. You can enjoy them knowing that you’re doing something good for your body! Thanks so much for stopping by and happy eating always!
Ginger Lemonade Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 2 large lemons
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 inch ginger, peeled
- tiny pinch turmeric, optional for colour
- In a pitcher or large measuring cup add the water, lemon juice and maple syrup and stir until incorporated.
- Grate the ginger and form the grated pulp into a ball with your fingers and squeeze the juice into a small dish. (See photo's above.) Add about 6-10 drops of the ginger juice to the mixture and stir. If desired, add a tiny pinch of turmeric (much less than 1/8 teapsoon) if you want a brighter yellow colour but be careful to not add too much or it will change the flavour.
- Taste and add more ginger juice or maple syrup if desired. Pour the mixture evenly into 6 popsicle molds. Place in the popsicle sticks and freeze for 2 hours or until set. If the popsicle sticks sink to the bottom when you place them in, freeze the popsicles for 30-40 mins first and then place in the popsicle sticks and continue to freeze until set.
- To remove the popsicles hold them under warm water for a few seconds or let them sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!