These simple no-bake coconut cookies are the perfect treat for Easter and spring! They can be made in under 30 minutes and only require 3 ingredients – shredded coconut, dark chocolate and candy to top.
I originally saw a recipe from The Spruce Eats using chow mein noodles and although I loved the way that they looked I wanted to make a gluten free version. Swapping out the chow mein noodles with shredded coconut works perfectly since they can still be molded into a nest shape with a ‘twiggy’ look. This version is not only gluten free but also vegan! Dark chocolate and coconut make a deliciously decadent and chewy cookie.
Making these cookies couldn’t be any simpler. First melt the chocolate then stir in the shredded coconut. Scoop the cookies out on to a lined baking sheet (an ice cream scoop works great) and make a little groove in the center of each one. Place chocolate eggs or candies on top and transfer them to the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Why You Will Love These Coconut Bird Nest Cookies
✓ Incredibly simple to make with 3 ingredients and under 30 minutes
✓ Shredded coconut and dark chocolate make them deliciously chewy
✓ Better for you than the version found in stores
✓ Fun and super cute dessert for kids
✓ Easily packable for school/work snacks
✓ Perfect treat to make for Easter and Spring
Want More Cookie Recipes?
- Cherry Blossom Almond Cookies
- Autumn Almond Cookies
- Matcha Christmas Tree Cookies
- Lemon Ginger Easter Egg Cookies
- Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
These Coconut Bird Nest Cookies are as delicious as they are cute! Pack them in school/work lunches or enjoy them for Easter or a spring picnic. I hope that you love this recipe as much as I do and happy eating always!
Coconut Bird Nest Cookies
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 200 grams dark chocolate (2 standard bars or 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips)
- chocolate eggs or candies of choice for topping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next melt the chocolate. Break it up into small pieces and place into a medium sized bowl. Fill a small pot with two inches of water and bring to a low simmer. Place the bowl of chocolate on top of the pot (double boiler method). The water in the pot should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate occasionally until it melts, about 7-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. Make sure not to overheat the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted add the shredded coconut. Stir well until all of the coconut is covered in chocolate. Fill an ice cream scoop 3/4 full with the mixture and place on the lined cookie sheet. Use a spoon make a small groove in the center, creating a nest shape. Place the chocolate eggs or candy of choice in the center.
- Once all of the nests are made place in the fridge to set for about 10 minutes. Keep them stored in a sealed container for up to one week. Enjoy!