Made with only 3 ingredients these vegan truffles are irresistibly decadent and smooth, just like the classic French truffle. With warming spices and dark chocolate they make the perfect bite sized treat this Autumn season.
There are only 3 simple ingredients needed for this recipe:
- Coconut milk. Full fat or light coconut milk can be used.
- Dark chocolate. I use 70% dark chocolate, but a sweeter chocolate can be substituted. There is no added sweetener in these truffles so the sweetness of the chocolate is how sweet the truffles will be.
- Pumpkin spice. Use a store bought pumpkin spice blend or make your own (see the recipe card below).
How To Make The Truffles
This recipe can be made in 4 easy steps:
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks.
- Heat the coconut milk until it is hot but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate and pumpkin spice to the coconut milk and whisk until smooth.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Roll into balls and coat them in the toppings of choice.
For the smoothest and creamiest texture let them sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Roll them in any of your favorite toppings! I used chopped pistachios, coconut flakes, black and white sesame seeds and cocoa powder.
Why You Will Love These Truffles
✓ Smooth and creamy
✓ Simple to make (only 3 ingredients!)
✓ Can be made ahead of time
✓ Not too sweet
✓ Completely vegan and gluten free
Looking For More Pumpkin Spice Recipes?
Or More Chocolate Truffle Recipes?
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Vegan Truffles
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate (170g)
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin spice, see below to make your own
Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teapsoon all spice
- coconut flakes
- cocoa powder
- sesame seeds
- chopped pistachios
- If making the pumpkin spice blend, mix the spices together and store in a sealed container.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and set aside.
- Place the coconut milk in a small pot and heat on medium until the milk is hot but not boiling.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and pumpkin spice. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover. Place it into the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it has set. The mixture should be firm all the way through. It can also be left in the fridge overnight to set.
- When the mixture is set, take about 2 teaspoons and roll into balls. Coat the balls in the toppings of choice. If using cocoa powder roll them just before serving as the cocoa dissolves into the truffles. Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. For the smoothest and creamiest texture let them sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Your feedback is always appreciated! Please leave a comment and star rating below. If you have questions ask me in the comment section and I will get back to you ASAP. Thank you so much for stopping by and happy eating always!